What We Are Asked To Do

We have been counseled to keep journals. There are some things that happen in life that should be shared and others more sacred to be kept for another time that I write in my personal journal. This blog is my way of sharing those things I want to share with all of you.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

CHISELED

Nineteen years ago when I looked into the dark blue eyes of my baby girl, who gifted me the title of mother, I was in love.  In love with the whole idea of dressing her in dresses and bows, and singing her songs, and reading her books, and holding her in my arms for as long as my heart desired. In love with this cute little baby with the puffy face and eyes who was all mine and Todd's to love.

I would sit in my chair and rock her and sing to her and wonder what she would be like when she grew up. I thanked my Heavenly Father daily for this precious little girl who turned mine and her daddy's world upside down.  I worried and prayed daily, sometimes hourly and a few moments required heartfelt minute by minute pleas to my Father in Heaven to help us make it through to the next day. 

Her dad and I worked hard to teach her what we felt was important for her to know and do.  We tried our best to instill in her a desire to learn of Christ and seek answers for herself, and protect her from those that made choices contrary to what we were trying to help her become.

We guided sometimes effectively and sometimes we nose dived, but nonetheless, we did it for the love of our precious child who was gifted to us by a loving Heavenly Father who entrusted us with her spiritual education and temporal education. 

We have figuratively chiseled and sculpted our angel masterpiece for 19 years to watch her become a determined, smart, and talented girl who is a beautiful young woman that is a perfect mixture of her dad and I.  She is perfect for our family. 

I am filled with melancholy at how the time quickly passed and now we embark on potentially the last birthday we will celebrate with her in our home, as she continues to set goals for herself to create a future that is her choice.  She is such a forgiving, loving, fun girl to be around.  I am thankful she has allowed me to share a lot of moments with her. 

M., I am so very blessed to have you in my life and grateful to be your mama.  I will always love you no matter what.  I hope that in the last 19 years you have come to learn that your dad and I love you and will be your biggest fans through to the eternities.  There is not anything we would not do for you to help you succeed and be happy.  What we have as mother and daughter is a gift that no one can take or replace. I will always worry and I will always be praying for you.  I look forward to many years to come growing as friends and spending time together learning from each other and enjoying our time together.

 macadi birthday

HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY –BABY GIRL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment